Interested in some hedge plants to plant in your garden? There is a variety of hedge plants to choose from, so which one is perfect for your garden and why should you choose a hedge plant? Let me tell you.
A hedge is a boundary or fence formed by closely growing shrubs or bushes. The main purpose of a hedge is to provide privacy and screening to your garden. However, they can also be used to create windbreaks, to reduce noise pollution or as part of a garden’s design. There are many different types of hedge plants to choose from, so which one is right for you and your garden?
Here are some things to consider when choosing a hedge plant:
- What is the purpose of the hedge? Screening, privacy, windbreak, etc.
- How big does the hedge need to be? This will determine the type of plant you need.
- How much sun or shade does the area get? Some plants will do better in full sun while others prefer partial shade.
- Is the soil well-drained or does it tend to stay wet?
Why should you grow a hedge?
There are multiple reasons as to why you should grow a hedge. Here are a few of them:
- A hedge is cost efficient. Planting a hedge is easy, you won’t have any extra costs compared to building a fence or a wall
- As said it provides wind protection. It calms the wind instead of directing it upwards.
- Environmental benefits like reducing noise level.
- Low maintenance, the don’t have to get painted for example.